Guado al Melo Bianco

navigli italian wine importers guado al melo bianco

Wine name:
Bianco Toscana I.G.T. - Guado al Melo

Classification:
Dry white wine

Alcohol content:
14% Vol

Grape variety:
80% Vermentino, with the remaining 20% comprising Fiano, Verdicchio, Incrcocio Manzoni & Petit Manseng.

Area of origin:
Grapes from the hills of Castagneto Carducci in Bolgheri that run along the Tuscan coastline in the province of Livorno. Alluvial, porous, deep  soil, with good pebble-gravel texture. Mediterranean climate refreshed by sea winds. In the summer there is a significant temperature range between day and night.

Vinification & maturation:
After a very light pressing of the whole clusters, the must is cold-settled naturally overnight. Vinified without correctives or additives that would alter the original characteristics of the grapes. After fermentation, it undergoes 12 months refinement sur-lies in stainless steel and at least 12 months in the bottle.

Tasting notes:
Colour: bright gold.
Aroma: clean and elegant, with hints of flowers, fruit, herbs and honey.
Taste: full-bodied, well-balanced, remarkable complexity and with a long finish. Good minerality, which increases with further ageing.

Suggested pairings:
Pairs perfectly with vegetarian, fish and curry dishes, cheese, white meat, and pasta with white sauce. Wonderful as an aperitif or a “meditation wine”.

Serve at a temperature of 12-14° C, opening the bottle at least 15 minutes before drinking.
Medium-long ageing potential.
Navigli